February 21, 2009

Pinocchio to be Released March 10, 2009

Tis the season for Disney releases. As tradition for the past several years, Disney releases a major title in March and October of every year and several other 'smaller' releases throughout the year. On March 10, 2009, "Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Edition" will hit shelves. Disney's second animated feature, "Pinocchio" is the story of a wooden puppet on his journey to become "a real boy." Featuring the famous Jiminy Cricket as he sings "When You Wish Upon a Star," this DVD/Blu-Ray release will surely have many special features, probably including a Behind-the-Scenes look at the making of this film, always my favorite part of the bonus material. It's been a long time since I've seen "Pinocchio," but I remember it has some crazy things happening in it - I hate that part where the boys turn into donkeys. And the whale. And the creepy Stromboli fellow. But I do love the Blue Fairy!

6 comments:

  1. Behind the scenes would be fun to see- supposedly Jiminy Cricket wasn't even in the original plan- where would we be without "when You Wish Upon A Star?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I love Jiminy Cricket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'classic' returns. Your subject matter plays into some of our 'shared knowledge.' Prof. Lawson-Borders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love Pinncchio! Who better to teach kids to tell the truth?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, Pinnocchio has some great lessons for kids, but there are definetly some creepy parts. I hope I will be able to teach my future children not to lie without scaring the silly out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimminy Cricket is the most awesome

    ReplyDelete